Why do people get annoyed because I say *lol* in my facebook status's?

hey

May 16, 2008
I'm just one of those people that will laugh at most things, and often I will type in *lol* after each sentence. Like for example, "Gonna get some work done, or at least try, lol" (Not always)

I really can't see what's the problem. Also I've stopped using Formspring after someone asked me this, "For fcuksake girl, stop putting lol in every answer". Even though all the questions are all like, "Why are you so fcuking ugly", and others similar.

Yes, I agree with you. Continue as you please and the unwell will tire and leave you for another scapegoat. Lol.

There's no problem with lol...lol. I'm also one of those people who say lol a lot, often without realising. However, if you use the word too much..

Example: "Lol I'm going to the park to see my friend lol"

I know not the best example but hopefully you get the point.

In short, the word "lol" is fine...and eventually just gets glossed over when one is reading it, so I don't see why people get annoyed about it

It's just considered bad manners and construed that you have nothing really intelligent to say.

It was considered amusing at first but it has been flogged to death.

It's just as annoying when you talking to someone and they say "basically" at the beginning of every sentence or "yer know" at the end of every sentence.

Also what do you really mean?

Lots of laughs, laugh out loud, lots of love, lots of lettuce, little old ladies, lick our lollipop?

why don't you ask the people who take offense? they're the ones who can give a definitive answer. however, to postulate , it's most likely because it's widely viewed as cringeworthy and a little moronic in nature. try replacing it with a smiley :)

Back