Why do my speakers crackle when playing a blue ray with DTS HD?

Hawksfan117

Jan 2, 2013
Speakers: Bose 141
Amplifier: 1990's Pioneer SA 730
Equalizer: 1980's Pioneer GR 470
Player: PS3 Slim

I know my equipment is very, very outdated but the thing is, when they were bought, they were around $750. They still work perfect today except for one thing. I've been using this setup to play CD's but recently I connected it to my PS3 for movies and gaming. The connections are all correct and everything. When I play Battlefield 3 which has both Dolby Digital and DTS Surround Sound, the sound is incredible. But when I watch the Dark Knight Rises with DTS HD Master the explosions and low bass levels were crackling. I turned the bass all the way down on the Amp but it had no effect on the crackling. I looked on the PS3 audio options but there was no downmix for DTS. There was only a bitstream option or Linear PCM (Which it was set at). I tried both options and neither made a difference. So then i tried watching the Dark Knight which has Dolby TrueHD and it was truely incredible coming out of just two Bose speakers.
If someone could explain to me what my problem is I would greatly appreciate it because everything I tried hasn't worked...

Back