Is amplifieror a blue ray player must in home theater system?

Swapnil

Jan 16, 2009
I recently Purchased Samsung EH6030 LED TV. I wish to hook it up with some 5.1 surround sound speakers. I went to a big electronic store and the person there was insistent that I buy one with a blue ray player. I already have a PS3 which can play blue ray. I'm confused now if I should get one or not.

My basic question is can I not hook the speakers to my TV or PS3 directly? They both have optical digital out ports. Also any suggestions on which speakers are good are also welcome.

Thanks in advance!

that dude at the store is just trying to achieve his target by selling stuffs to you.
just buy a phillips home theater system,no need for blue ray player,

Your TV cannot power the speakers. You need a surround receiver in addition to the speakers. NEVER buy an HTiB where the receiver & disc player are housed in the same unit. They are uniformly cheap crap.

Those home theater in a box are not a very good unit. It is mainly designed for you to watch a movie with the built in player with surround sound. They are not flexible for adding anything to it or for up grading. When one item fails, you have to replace the whole system. You can not connect any speaker to a tv. The only speaker system that can be connected to a tv is one of those sound bars. It has a built in Dolby Digital decoder. The only system that I can recommend on the low end is the Onkyo HT-S 3500, it is a 5.1 receiver and a set of speaker. You can connect your tv to the unit and ear the sound through the system. You can also connect you PS3 direct to the tv or the system. Demo the Onkyo at any Fry's Electronic and it retails for under $300. Hope this will help you out.

Back