Why do Christians post here on R&S, when?........?

EdwardHonda

Aug 22, 2011
......the buybull tells them:

Don’t associate with non-Christians. Don’t receive them into your house or even exchange greeting with them. 2 John 1:10

Shun those who disagree with your religious views. Romans 16:17

Paul, knowing that their faith would crumble if subjected to free and critical inquiry, tells his followers to avoid philosophy. Colossians 2:8

Kill any friends or family that worship a god that is different than your own. Deuteronomy 13:6-10

Kill all the inhabitants of any city where you find people that worship differently than you. Deuteronomy 13:12-16

Kill everyone who has religious views that are different than your own. Deuteronomy 17:2-7

Any city that doesn’t receive the followers of Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more savage than that of Sodom and Gomorrah. Mark 6:11

Hey folks this is R&S, not J&C (Jesus and Christianity). lol

Ever hear of the Great Commission??

Matthew 28:19-20 contains what has come to be called the Great Commission: “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Jesus gave this command to the apostles shortly before He ascended into heaven, and it essentially outlines what Jesus expected the apostles, and those who followed them, to do in His absence.

It is interesting that in the original Greek, the only specific command in Matthew 28:19-20 is “make disciples.” The Great Commission instructs us to make disciples while we are going throughout the world and while we are going about our daily activities. How are we to make disciples? By baptizing them and teaching them all that Jesus commanded. “Make disciples” is the command of the Great Commission. “As you are going,” “baptizing,” and “teaching” are the means by which we fulfill the command to “make disciples.”

Many understand Acts 1:8 as part of the Great Commission as well, “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” The Great Commission is enabled by the power of the Holy Spirit. We are to be Christ's witnesses, fulfilling the Great Commission in our cities (Jerusalem), in our states and countries (Judea and Samaria), and anywhere else God sends us (to the ends of the earth).

Look at the long list of escapist answers...Pathetic..

Some of the fundies say OT is for Jews....Well then why do you
include it in the bible??

And dont forget the age old retort..."YOU HAVE IT OUT OF CONTEXT"
Well fundies could you please put it in context...

"Kill any friends or family that worship a god that is different than your own. "

How is this verse out of context??

Because it's well accepted that Deuteronomy was written about God when he was at his angriest.

Beats the hell out of me. I guess we are almost as dumb as you. For one Yahoo answers doesn't have a category for J & C, hence by default most of the Christian related questions end up in R &S. As usual Yahoo! can't figure much out.

Because the core of Christianity is to treat everyone with love and as a manifestation of God. Not associating with non-Christians is not the general thrust of the New Testament - publicans and sinners and all that. OT stuff can be discounted without extensive argument. Shunning applies within the church only. The Philosophy Paul told people to avoid is the likes of cynicism, Epicureanism and to a lesser extent (Paul may have been a Stoic or an ex-Stoic) Stoicism.

the reason they do is because the mistakenly believe they are the smartest people in the room.

This is perfectly normal and natural: all 8 year-olds think they are the smartest people in the room.

I have to wonder who you think is convinced by your personal paraphrasing of Bible-verses. Nobody who does not already agree with you.

If you want to quote Bible verses, then do so. If you don't want to do so, don't. But don't paraphrase Bible-verses as if you knew their only possible interpretation and meaning, it makes you look like the worst kind of fundamentalist.

Back