Why do Canadians claim Canada is better than the U.S, yet always go to...

Mike

May 13, 2008
...the U.S for vacation or fun? Places like L.A NYC, Las Vegas, Florida Hawaii, but Florida especially for Canadians
A LOT of Canadian do LIVE in the U.S as well and retire and go there. If Canada is so much better why not stay here?

Because normally, certainly of late the Canadian dollar has been higher than the US dollar, so it makes sense to go where the dollar is lesser in value - more bang for your buck so to speak if the Canadian dollar buys more.
As far as Mexico is concerned, even more-so.

Many Canadians have disposable income, would you rather us spend it elsewhere?

" If Canada is so much better why not stay here?"

To see how the other half lives.
The USA is our allies friends and neighbors so why not drop by on occasion to say hello, seems only natural,
No clue what the connect is between visiting someone and wanting to live there is. I visit friends in the hospital, what bizarre logic indeed to think that translates into my wanting to stay long-term.

Because normally, certainly of late the Canadian dollar has been higher than the US dollar, so it makes sense to go where the dollar is lesser in value - more bang for your buck so to speak if the Canadian dollar buys more.
As far as Mexico is concerned, even more-so.

Many Canadians have disposable income, would you rather us spend it elsewhere?

" If Canada is so much better why not stay here?"

To see how the other half lives.
The USA is our allies friends and neighbors so why not drop by on occasion to say hello, seems only natural,
No clue what the connect is between visiting someone and wanting to live there is. I visit friends in the hospital, what bizarre logic indeed to think that translates into my wanting to stay long-term.

Because they're big cities. It's like the same for US. They go to different countries for vacation.

If the US is so fantastic, why do Americans go anywhere else to vacation? Same reason people from every country in the world go to any other country. Because it's not exactly like home.

Back