Why do atheists and christians battle on what is true?

Person

May 14, 2008
I find battles on the interwebs everywhere where there is some pompous atheist, and some pious god worshipper trying to convert each other to their beliefs. I don't see why it really matters, because what someone believes is what they believe, not something to be forced upon them. Muslims, Christians, buddhists and other groups forced their religions on people, but that was the past. Now is the age of freedom and access to any information. Why should any group's ideas be the correct ideas?

Trying to force beliefs on people of course makes no sense and just leads to hateful confrontations.:clubbing:

However Jesus was sent to the earth to teach the truth about God and His veracity must be acknowledged.

John 14:6

6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me".:applause:

what you believe in translates into what you will do with your life, if you believe anything goes and there are no consequences than you will live a life like that. I believe in judgement after death and everlasting life in heaven with Christ and i live according to his word.

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost."

Matthew 28:19

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."

Romans 1:16

Because as an atheist, I don't like that the worlds most influential leaders base their decisions on what I perceive to be a fairy story.

Back