Why did the school complain about my kid wearing a rebel/dixie pride shirt when...

NRAlifemember

Feb 19, 2013
...they allow Obama shirts? My son is 7 and we got him a new Dixie outfitter shirt stating rebel and southern pride for his bday. Apparently the school was offended today and called me at work complaining. I cite freedom of speech as they wouldn't make as I saw many kids wearing Obama T-shirts and they supported the kids being interested in politics/news. Who else thinks we were discriminated against?

Way to use your child to express your own deluded 200 year old political leanings, the "rebel" flag is a symbol used to express hatred, racism, and intolerance (perhaps not by yourself, but by the majority of hate groups) while an Obama shirt merely expresses support for the ACTUAL president of the United States of America. The "rebel" flag is representative of ignorance, intolerance, and hatred.

The point is, Obama is a chronologically valid public figure and whether you like it or not, is the leader of this country. Through purchasing a shirt representing the flag of a failed mutiny against this country that happens to represent several white supremacy groups and having your 7 year old wear it, you are showing your dismal parenting skills and committing a despicable act.

Back