Why Christians dont wanna believe that Jesus claimed himself as Messenger of God?

shine

May 13, 2008
Messenger of God:

"I tell you the Truth no servant is greater than his master, nor a Messenger greater that the one who sent him" [John 13:16]

In this verse "Messenger" is Jesus and "The One" is God. This means Jesus directly claimed himself as "Messenger of God".

"As it is, U are determined to kill me, A Man who has told u the truth that HEARD FROM GOD..." [John 8:40]

Jesus heard everything from God Almighty which means he was a Messenger of God.

Jesus always referred to himself as having been sent by God. Meaning that he was a Divine messenger. For instance:

"This is Eternal life: to know you only the True GOD, And Jesus christ whom you have sent" [John 17:3]

Prophet:

"Now Jesus himself had pointed out that a Prophet has no honour in his own country." [John 4:44]

Jesus is a Prophet, Priest, and King according to Christian theology.

Why are you using our scriptures to point out that he isn't God when the New Testament and even passages in John where Jesus claimed to be the "I AM" stated that he was God to the Jews?

Then how do you answer John 10:30 "I and My Father are one."?

Yes, Jesus is a messenger and a prophet, a biblical prophet that is. When He said that the temple would be destroyed and raised again, He prophesied both in the short term and the long term. Short term- He was crucified, died and was buried. Then was resurrected three days later. Died= destroyed. Resurrected= raised again. The temple of Jerusalem, Jewish temple; Herodian;Second Temple was destroyed in 70 AD by roman soldiers under Titus. There will be a Third temple that is built on the Temple Mount sometime after the Church is raptured from the earth. What Christ has prophesied has come true, there are other prophecies that have not yet come to pass. A prophet of God proves true 100% of the time. Anything less equals a false prophet.

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Light. No one can come to the Father except through Me." Jesus heard from God because He is God and was present when what was spoken was spoken.

I believe it, he is not Yahweh in the flesh, otherwise how is he going to sit on the right hand of himself?

No He didnt. He is God and He is unlike the pervert Allah of sex freak Mohammad who gives 72 whores to his followers in his brothel aka paradise

Yes, He was/is the messenger of God. He was/is also the Son of God.

So I looked up John 13:16 on Biblegateway to try to find the version of the Bible you're using. I couldn't find your version. The only version closest to what you have written there is the English Standard Version and there is a big difference:

"16Truly, truly, I say to you,(A) a servant[a] is not greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him."

Look at other versions:
NASV: 16"Truly, truly, I say to you, (A)a slave is not greater than his master, nor is (B)one who is sent greater than the one who sent him."

KJV: "16Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him."

NIV: "16I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him."

Not one of these versions says that the "messenger" in this situation is Jesus. It reads "a" messenger - meaning it's told as a parable and he's not speaking of any particular person.

I'm not going to bother to point out mistakes in the rest of the verses.

Back