Why are religions such as Christianity so extreme and try to make you believe out...

BradPradt

Dec 9, 2008
...of FEAR rather than love? The Christians themselves, what they preach, and what they talk about have ALOT more to do with the fear of the lord, bad life conditions, life being hard and unfair, and fearing eternal punishment and chastisement here on earth...than they do about the truth, God's love for us, and promoting a positive and great Christian lifestyle.

They aside from their extreme views and being more "fear" based than "love based" also tend to be like a country club when it comes to picking who they want to talk to. If you're not a Christian, you're immediately treated like a 2nd class citizen to them, or they don't trust you, or even have grandiose thoughts and think the devil is somehow trying to work through them to destroy you, (even though Jesus himself hung around the sinners, prositit8tes, and other similar walks of life), and just generally don't spread love and welcome all equally.

They have "special" places of worship, and they want to protect themselves and shield themselves from evil, rather than going out there, loving those people and treating them equally and making this world into a better place.

They tend to be vengeful, and hateful over the bad life conditions on earth (even though there are MANY beautiful parts of earth too) and they tend to get more life-hating, than life-living, and just generally think "this life sucks and is temporary, we don't belong here,"...and then the movies they watch, the music they listen to, how they furnish their house,

everything has to be so extremely Christian,

and if it's not, it's of the devil, or ...some other worldly God,

they fail to see that maybe, just maybe, those other "atheists" really didn't put a 2nd thought into their wardrobe or their lifestyle or clothes,

maybe it's all they could afford, or their mind was pre-occupied by surviving rather than putting all their thought into theology.

So my question is this,

why is Christianity and why are many religions more like a cult that actually spreads fear, mistrust, and hate, and seclusion, and elitist like thoughts, and all of that,

rather than simply saying love all?

I've met MANY Christians who just by looking at me, were like "oh he's not one of us, he must be evil."

Many are such scared people. Scared of others, scared of their minds, just scared in general.

Isn't this the least bit absurd!?
They also judge you by the way you type; I wouldn't be surprised if they judge you by your avatar, what you say, and your name...and if it REMOTELY sounds un-Christian, you become "THE ENEMY", and you're somehow lost, deluded,...

and you must be talked DOWN to...

which I'm sure some CHristians would even do to me on THIS question.

And that's loving and a good representation of "The Lord?"

I think not. But despite all this common sense, they'll still think they're right.

Because any threat to their way of thinking, is a threat, and they seem to take that very personally.

Insane stuff isn't it? Can actually drive a man crazy.

Yet it's supposed to be "holy." lol.

Back