Why are people having a hard time believing in the Bible when it has all...

BuffaloSoldier1

Apr 14, 2009
...the prophecies about things to come? I believe that we are living in the last days as was testified by the prophets of old, and of course learning has increased and we know today how the Bible was compiled etc. Yet we have to admit that it was through Divine will that we have this book. Anyways, I don't understand why people are having a hard time, because the following scriptures talk about our time and the increase in knowledge.

For example in the Book of Daniel, Daniel was commanded to ". . . shut up the words, and seal the book [of his prophecy], even to the time of the end: [and in that day] many shall run to and fro," said he "and knowledge shall be increased." (Dan. 12:4.)

But Paul did admonish us, the people are "ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth." (2 Tim. 3:7.)

People refuse to heed the warnings the Lord so kindly gives to them, and thus they fulfill the scriptures. Peter said such sayings would be uttered, and he warned the people. (2 Pet. 3:3-7.)

I mean come on, all the signs are out there, we have to admit that the scriptures at least were correct with the Jews returning to Palestine, (Luke 21:24.)

Back