Whovians, Help a newbie out?

XXSugarDragonXX

Feb 13, 2013
So im considering watching doctor who for the first time because I have allot of friends who are whovians, and im not sure where to start. Ive been told to start when david tenant comes in, to start in the 9th series, start at the beginning, etc....
So I just want to know where to start, because I know its a really long program and if i don't need to watch all of it the i certainly don't want to.... i've seen about half of the very first episode, and ive seen a few in the later series because of my friends, mainly the ones in the series where some guy was about to be turned into a Dalek or something and didn't (I don't really remember at the time, but it was this guy who was like being turned into some kind of robot man and the doctor somehow saved him or something like that)

Anyway, any advice on where to start would be great because it seems like an interesting series ^^

You definitely don't need to start from the beginning from 1963 but if you can start with the 9th doctor with the episode titled "Rose". It's not with David Tennant but it gives you the background to his first companion Rose Tyler.
I just jumped right in the middle of the David Tennants run and did just fine with the help of wikipedia to explain some things so it's not too important where you start.
Welcome to the whovian family!

David Tennant (one of the best Doctors) is as good a place to start as anywhere. You don't have to go back to the beginning to enjoy it. Once you get into it, try the earlier episodes from the first one, An Unearthly Child.

I guess it's up to preference. I'd never watch the whole thing from the beginning. I'd be happy to watch all the tom baker episodes, they were huge fun.

Back