Who's who on the Magical Mystery Tour album cover?

Whysoseriousm

Jul 21, 2008
On The Beatles' amazing Magical Mystery Tour album cover, there are four people dressed in varied animal costumes. I'm assuming, that the silly boys that are all dressed up on the album cover are none other but The Beatles themselves.
With that, I was wondering.. who's who? Who is dressed up as what? I can't really tell, all I can do is guess.
It's kind of bothering me.. I want to know a few things about my bbys, yknow? So I'd appreciate it if someone could figure out for sure and tell me.
Ta.<3

It's impossible to be sure. Of course it may not be The Beatles at all (Mal Evans stands in for Paul on the back cover of Sgt.Pepper, after all). In the film, it is clearly John in the walrus costume. In "Glass Onion" John sings "The Walrus was Paul." However, this may be simply an ironic self-response to "I Am the Walrus" in which the singer identifies himself as this figure. Perhaps in "Glass Onion" John is referring not to the film but to the cover of the Magical Mystery Tour album, especially considering that he sings "Here's another clue for you all". The mystery over who was who refers to the album cover, not the film. On the album, the parrot is wearing John's glasses. The hippo is wearing a wristwatch on the right hand. Does this mean that the parrot is John and the hippo is Paul (being left-handed)? could be, but these are easy red herrings to drag over the trail. So who knows? Anyone could be the walrus! John might have meant something totally else in "Glass Onion." or he might have meant nothing at all.

Back