Which Used Vehicle is the best: '97 Honda Accord, '95 Subaru Legacy, or an '02

eeee1

May 13, 2008
Chevrolet Prizm? 1997 Honda Accord LX. Automatic Transmission. 153,125 miles $2,600
2002 Chevrolet Prizm. Automatic Transmission. 136,000 miles $2,650
1995 Subaru Legacy. Automatic Transmission. All Wheel Drive. 140,000 miles $2,395

Which one of these vehicles is the best? All wheel drive is definitely desirable for the winters where I live, but I could do without. Price isn't really a big deal (considering they are all pretty low and within a couple hundred dollars of each other)

Hands down, the 1995 Subaru Legacy. It's the best value, and will last you the longest.

The 2002 Chevrolet Prizm would be, by far, about the worst choice you could possibly make. 2002 was the worst model year for Chevrolet anyways, and on top of that, the Prizm was a fail. And, if you buy the car, and realize you bought a piece of junk, GM will do absolutely nothing to help you. I would know, I'm in that situation right now with a GM Lemon. Just don't do it.

The Honda Accord is a nice car as well, however the amount of miles concerns me. Yes, Hondas will last forever, but in 2 years, the car will have over 200,000 miles on it and will become extremely hard to sell.

If I were you, I would go with the Legacy, and avoid the Prizm like the plague.

Good Luck!

The Accord. It has cheap parts, lasts for 350K+ miles, and that specific year Accord still turns my head. The Prizm was a failed car that GM built, so parts will probably be impossible to get should you have anything break. The Subaru is an "okay" bet, but it just isn't as valuable as the Accord when the two are placed against each other.

Back