Which Smartphone Would Be the Better Choice for a First-Time Smartphone Buyer?

SpunkyCaptain

Jan 3, 2011
I've been exploring some smartphones and, since I wish to go with AT&T, I've narrowed my options down to the iPhone 4 and the Samsung Captivate. Both phones have earned good comments from various independent reviews I've explored, but I'm a bit torn since both phones seem to have some similar features and issues (such as average call quality). Since I will be a first-time smartphone owner, I would like a phone that I can use to make calls, answer emails, browse the Internet, and play music. I already have experience with Apple through iTunes and my iPod, but some iPhone 4 users have said the Captivate is actually a better choice. How do these phones stack up against each other and which might be better for a first-time smartphone buyer?

Thanks and cheers! :)

I have the iPhone 4 and I have not been able to use the captivate so I can't say for that phone. I can say that the iPhone 4 is really easy to use. Email was easy to set up and I like how the very second I get an email, my iPhone gets a notification so I don't have to keep checking my email app every hour or so because it receives them automatically.

music player is cool and stuff. I can't really say to choose one over the other but I can recommend the purchase of an iPhone. I would go on youtube and look at both phones and see which one you like better

Back