Which martial art is more effective for high school students? Muay Thai,

Magas

Sep 18, 2011
Karate or Judo? I'm a 16 year old guy and in my high school most students are training karate or tkd or generally a martial art and are strong. I wanna learn one too but I wanna be ''special'' and effective. In my town the only martial arts available are muay thai, kick boxing, boxing, judo, wrestling, tae kwon do and capoeira. I've done my research and i'm interested in learning either muay thai, karate (shotokan or kyokushinkai), or judo. There is also a MMA class in the muay thai gym, but unfortunately the schedule is the same with my foreign languages lessons. (I love MMA, but i will be able to begin next year when schedule will be changed). I really don't care about rankings, or tournaments or anything like that, I just want an effective martial art against high school kids.

P.S. Except karatekas,etc there are some fat guys who pretend to be wrestlers.

sorry to inform you, but it is you that make the art special, not a special art. Any martial art is no better or worse than the person doing it. And martial arts are not to fight kids at school. Martial art is very hard and demanding to learn. If you want to be 'special' you will just have to work harder than everybody else. It worked for me, and many others.

Back