Which kind of sport bike should I get? Cbr250 or Ninja 300?

WilsonFoShilson

Feb 3, 2013
I'm in a bind. I just picked up a second job, so I now have to power to finance a bike. This being said, no I'm not in the market for a used bike, I don't like used things, so don't recommend it. Thanks!

Anyway, I've never owned a bike before, but I have ridden them before and took the MSF course earlier in the year. I am a 20 year old college student that will be using the bike for daily commutes to class and also to carve through curvy backroads of Arkansas mountains. So for my purposes, these two bikes, the Honda CBR 250 and the Ninja 300, are perfect. The thing is, I'm stuck on which one is better for what I want to do. What I'm asking here is pretty much to find any pros and cons of each to help me weigh them out. I've made a list, but they are pretty even and I'm torn. This is what I will be doing most:

Riding to class
Becoming a weekend warrior on backroads
Highway riding (70mph)
Taking occasional trips that will run about 1-3 hours at interstate speed

Anything that you guys can do to help me out would be great. I'm looking for things like comfort, reliability, smoothness of clutch, degree of fun, ect. Thanks guys!
After reading some comments, this probably isn't the ideal site to have some kind of discussion, but this is what I'm seeing. The Honda is $4,199 MSRP and the Kawi is $4,799. Since I'm financing, the difference won't be deal-breaking (and please guys, don't turn this into a finance topic, I know what I'm doing) but this means I can't go any to any higher bikes, such as an Iron 883 or a Suzuki. BOTH bikes will do what I need them, so this is more of comes down to wants between them, or which one is more fun if you will. From forums, reviews, friends, I'm hearing that the baby Ninja has the edge over honda in overall enjoyment. I want practicality and awesomeness. The Ninja just seems to have more of the awesome, but the same practicality as the CBR. Plus the Ninja would have a little more "umph" at higher speeds on the interstate if I need to jump from 70 to 80 to avoid trouble. I appreciate the help guys, I'm leaning more towards the

Back