Which diesel truck should i get?

BJ

May 15, 2008
I am going to buy a dodge cummins i just don't know which one i should get i can't make up my mind on which one would be better? Just trying to get some opinions. ok

1st truck is 1999 dodge cummins 173,000 miles white in color looks nice has a 5 speed transmission and four wheel drive that supposedly works without any issues, as far as up grades it has 4 inch downpipe to 5 inch exhaust. It has a quadzilla programmer (180 horse) it is a real nice looking truck its ext. cab with four doors that open it has brand new tires on it, also has leather interior with only one little tear in the passenger seat. I went and test drove it and it sounded great with that exhaust but the one bad thing is that, well there is two things i didn't like when i went to test drive it i turned the quadzilla up to level 3 out of 10 and when i got on it the clutch slipped really bad so i imadiately turned the chip off and the clutch still slipped when i put the pedal about 3/4 throttle so it definately needs a clutch about 7-800 dollars for the one i wanna put in it and i would be doing it myself so there would not be no labor. The other thing i didn't like is when you braked kinda hard it pulled to the right im thinking that is probably a caliper so thats probably another 150 dollars just guessing and the guy is asking 14,000 for the truck but i do have him talked down to 13,200. And we looked and looked and looked and could not find a 53 on the block so i don't think it has the 53 engine block. So thats the first truck here is the second one

2. This is a 2001 dodge cummins with a 5 speed it is gray in color and has 180,000 miles on it four wheel drive that supposedly works without any issues. It does not have leather like the other one and the drivers seat does have a little tear in it (typical dodge) this one has no rust either and has nice looking tires on it (new) it also has a quadzilla adrenaline programmer with a smarty stacked on it and has a 4 inch exhaust to a 6 inch stack. I test drove this truck about 3 or 4 weeks ago and it has alot of power with those chips turned up. It was a real clean truck also the only thing i didn't like about it was the steering was a little loose it wasn't real bad but you could tell it had some parts wearing out. But unlike the other one the clutch held up. And i did not look for the casting number on the block so i am not sure which engine block this one has.

I think i wanna go with the 99 but i just wanted to see what other people thought about this its not that big of a deal for us to throw a clutch in it its just the fact of spending that much on a vehicle and then throwing almost another grand in parts on it. I kinda personally think he maybe a little high on his price cause it only blue books for 11,500 so if anyone has any suggestions then if you could let me know that would be great looking at getting one of them maybe mid next week. I would really love to find me a 98 12 valve 4 door 4 wheel drive but they are pretty much extinct at least around where i live they are.

Back