Which car is better, Honda Civic or Volkswagen Beetle?

annonymous

May 24, 2008
I'm a college student looking to buy my first car. I'm torn between a Volkswagen Beetle Convertible and a Honda Civic. Being a college student, I don't have a lot of money. I'm looking to finance whichever car I get. I'm thinking whichever car I choose will be a 2004-2009. My home is about 2 hrs away from the school I go to so I'll be doing a lot of commuting. I know absolutely nothing about cars so I was hoping someone could give me their point of view as to which would be the better buy. Thanks!

Honda civic, I own one myself and love it 90k miles on it so far :)
My friends parent has a 94 Honda Civic and has 270xxx miles on it and runs fine!

honda civic definitely
my friend has one
its quiet
very good quality car
the only thing is, depending on which model you get, the wheelbase is rather long, which means a slightly bumpier ride and different turning capabilities
overall its a good car

the vw beetle would be more nimble, but your going to college. think about the ppl that are going to by riding with you in a car. a vw beetle doesnt have as much room as a honda civic. AND it would look much better on you rollin up to a party in a sick honda civic rather than some fruity vw beetle.

Well, if this helps, my family used to own a 1997 Honda Civic. It was one of the best cars we ever owned. At nearly 320,000 miles it still ran practically like a new car--in my experience, Hondas have been extremely reliable and safe--I would definitely go with the Honda Civic.

go with the civic....parts are cheaper and its cheaper to get fixed when things go wrong....+they tend to last better than bugs.....btw convertible just adds a lot of maintenance that u don't need if u have limited resources

thats easy i would go with honda civic cheap on gas, maintenance is cheap, good gas mileage, the car will last you forever believe me i know i currently own a honda and im very impressed by a lot of stuff with it. the car to this day has not let me down and its been 5 years the beetle is a chicks car but its maintenance can get expensive the mileage on a honda is way better i know my cars hope i helped :)

Back