Where is the 8th site secret on mugglenet interactive?

And be afraid that if we find out who you are...you're getting in trouble.

Another MNI staffer.

Who ever is posting saying they're mni staff, is really stupid and inmature.

What's more immature...cracking down on people who are cheating, or feeling the need to cheat to make yourself feel better on an online site?

Lewy
Referee.

I think this is actually funny. Funny that people get mad at us for getting mad at them breaking the rules.

- PC

I think this is actually funny. Funny that people get mad at us for getting mad at them breaking the rules.

- PC

Yeah, I find it rather hilarious. I think that they don't believe us when we say we're staff.

I suppose they might change their minds when they find themselves with nice official warnings on MNI.

—Jei

Ok, so I have a mugglenet account,
As does my little brother,
I found out that he was here asking about site secrets,
And I have told him to stop,
And ever since he hasn't been on here,
I continously check to make sure he has not,
And still nothing,
I know he is not deleting the computer history,
Because he is only 9 years old,
And not smart enough to figure out how to do so.

I highly doubt that you are MNI staffers,
And if you were I have no idea on how you would figure out who has posted here,
And don't say using the IP address,
But there are 3 of us,
All with MNI accounts,
Not to mention that my neighbor,
And best friends,
Who doesn't have internet access,
Check's her mugglenet on here as well.

You know what else is funny? People who doubt that staff are on here when we're posting with our MNI names - it would be really easy to check and see if we're really staff. I count SIX staff members already posting here.

Sign me #7...
MeowMommy
Groundskeeper/Referee

That doesn't prove anything,
Someone could be posting saying they're MNI Staff,
Just by looking at the list of staff.
Also they are Unregistered,
So that makes me doubt more,
Especailly,
Since it's never the same "staffer", posting everytime.

If you don't believe any of us, feel free to owl us and confirm that we are who we claim to be.
Lewy
Referee.

I just think its ridiculous that staff are even searching this stuff. That is why I do not like MNI anymore. Not to say that cheating is right because it isn't, but ever since the new MNI has come around I feel as if I am in the novel 1984, and Big Brother will be watching me. The temp forums were so much better because it felt like a family. Now I feel as if I can't post a thing because staff are watching and may give me a warning.

Besides they are site secrets not top secret military commands. If people want the galleons and don't have hours to devote to looking for the secrets then let those people get some help.

And apparently people are still giving out information.

MNI secrets have always been just that, secret. Giving help has always been frowned upon. We give warnings because we don't appreciate secrets that our programmers worked so hard on creating, shot to death because people are giving hints.

If you don't believe that we are who we say we are, then please by all means owl one of us. We'll GLADLY confirm it. But in case you didn't actually know, staffers have *always* found the places people go to for site secrets, and we always try and warn people that if we find out it's you, you'll be in trouble. If we have the ability, we will change these things, as site secrets are supposed to be found by you, not told how to find it.

Wow, how many staff posting in here will it take before you get the point? We all really are staff and you deffinetly shouldnt be sharing secrets. You said you sent an owl to one of the staff......which one? I really highly doubt that you did.

Staff
Lilyuna

Who ever is posting saying they're mni staff, is really stupid and inmature.

Hey! I'm not stupid or immature. I'm Prof. Roxie Ravenclaw, at your service. *bows* :) If you want proof of who I am, well...just owl me, or maybe go to the Herbology Lurkers Treehouse or my office thread in Herbology and say hi and let me know that you've seen me here, and we'll talk. :)

I have to say--some of you are pretty smart for figuring out the site secrets. And some of you are actually pretty nice for wanting to help other folks out if they post here and ask. But if you were *really* that smart, I'd think you would know better than to post something publicly so MNI staffers could track you down like this. :p Yeah, it's your right to talk about MNI stuff here if you want, but it's also our right to post here, too, like it or not.

As for wanting to help folks with the site secrets, well...your hearts are in the right place, I guess. It's just...gee. Why'd you have to make it so *easy* to solve these secrets? They're no fun when you give the answers away really easily the way you have in this thread. :( And personally, I'd feel that the folks who are giving away the answers are cheating themselves. I think of it this way: Especially if you figured out the secrets on your own and actually did the work to solve them, why turn around and let someone have all the answers so they can solve the same thing in two seconds flat without having to do any work at all to get them? It's not fair to you, is it? Or does it not matter? :(

Come to think of it, I've got a few more questions. Feel free to answer them here or owl me if you'd like to try your hand at answering them, if you like:

--Honestly, are the secrets really that hard for folks to solve? Or is it that you don't think you're smart enough to solve them? :(

--Do you guys really need the Galleons that badly, to the point where you'd want to get the site secret answers this way?

--And most importantly, with these secrets...are they not fun? :( I don't know if you guys who are sharing or asking for answers actually know this, but yeah--the site secrets at MNI were always meant to be fun. Tricky...or VERY tricky at times, lol...but fun, especially when you solve them yourself and see how easy they actually were, except for the little twist or wrinkle that the programmers threw in to make them so tricky to start with. It'd stink if you guys didn't actually think so and just thought of the secrets as more work to do. More work to *cheat* through, or something like that. :( They were never meant to be that way, so it'd be very disappointing if that's what you actually think of them.

Well...I think I've said my bit. See everyone at MNI. :)

--Roxie

But if you were *really* that smart, I'd think you would know better than to post something publicly so MNI staffers could track you down like this. :p
"Big Brother is watching." George Orwell's 1984

I do have a suggestion about site secrets though that I think would be helpful to both parties. If staff don't want site secrets to be shared then there should be a rule. I've been on MNI and tried to find information about rules against sharing secrets. I can't find them. The FAQ does say something to the effect of if you find them don't spoil them. Even a "staff" member said earlier on in this thread that sharing site secrets is merely "frowned upon." But no where on the site does it say, "If we catch you sharing site secrets, then [insert consequence here] will happen to you."

Also, maybe it should be mentioned that MNI staff members will be "tracking down" people on other forums to see if secrets are being shared. This way it won't be as unbelievable that you all are posting here or on another forum.

There. Now I feel like I've said my bit.

Gee...suddenly I'm "Big Brother" because I have posted in here? I'm kind of hurt and offended that you see me as some kind of authoritative goon looking over your shoulder when I, personally, am not like that. I dunno if you ever visited Herbology, but I don't make a point of getting big and bad with MNI'ers to get my way. And I don't make a point of getting all up in people's business to make sure I see every little thing that goes on within the Herbology forum. I know that's an impossibility, and I know it's better to roll with the punches and take what you already have and try to make it work. In general, I believe that you have to give respect to others sincerely in order to receive it in kind. You reap what you sow, in other words. I didn't come here to threaten or harass anyone. I came here hoping to get honest answers and feedback because I wanted to know what MNI'ers think about the secrets. That's all. I thought that was clear. I suppose it wasn't obvious, though, or it wasn't obvious to you.

I'll pass along your comments to the other staffers back at MNI. Thanks for your input. I do appreciate it. :)

--Roxie

I didn't mean to seem rude, and I am sorry if it came off that way. But I do feel that when you stated, "I'd think you would know better than to post something publicly so MNI staffers could track you down" that you are suggesting in fact that MNI staffers are looking over our shoulders. I wasn't saying you are Big Brother because you post here only. I was saying that because of your wording that staff are tracking people down.

Sorry for being rude though Roxie. I'm not trying to make enemies with MNI staff. But I just feel a change in MNI, and I don't like it. It feels too controlled to me. I miss the spontaneity of the temp forums. I miss the fun. I feel as if the fun has sort of been sucked out of a lot of MNI especially in the clubs with the rule about staying on the topic of the club. I understand that some clubs conversations were getting out of hand. I was after all apart of one of those clubs. But sometimes random conversation is the best, and I don't feel as if I should be penalized for it.

Now onto the subject of site secrets. Earlier you were asking why people are on here looking for site secrets. Well to give an honest to goodness answer I need the galleons. I am a college student and I don't have time to take classes, and do the homework for them. After all I have real homework to attend to. The dueling game is fun, but again is time consuming and only yields limited galleons.

The lottery is great, but you have to pay for it and the odds always seem to be poorly in my favor. Quizzes are great too, but some are difficult and cannot be taken over. Flourish and Blotts is a wonderful idea too, for those creative enough and that have the time to complete fanfiction, but I don't have that time and besides you have to pay to publish. There is no guarantee that people will buy your work.

Quidditch is great too, but is again time consuming. Posting is an awesome way to earn galleons, but galleons are so limited that it is hard to earn them quickly.

Site secrets are just a much easier way to earn galleons, and lots of them at times. The problem is finding them. And if a person doesn't visit all aspects of MNI then they may never find the secrets.

The reason I want galleons is because I have wanted a signature for ages. And to me the prices of such items are way over priced. Sixty galleons is a lot to me, and I think that the price should be lowered by at least twenty to thirty galleons.

Again, I am very sorry for being rude Roxie, but here is my input on the situation.

Back