When should I start touring colleges?

IDream17

Mar 11, 2013
I'm a junior in high school right now. My mom thinks I should start in April already but I feel like that's too soon. Am I just in denial that I actually have to think about my future? When is the best time to start touring colleges?

You start to apply in fall so as long as you do before that and they have a tour

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AoicYOkabFVPJz5Byvbihcvty6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20130310200608AAd3yh7

Your mother is right. If you have April vacation, that's when to start. Go to maybe half of your possible choices then, and the rest over the summer. Do a road trip over the vacation, don't fly. Visit the local ones, within maybe 3 states if you're on the east coast.
Good luck!

No that is not too soon at all. We had already visited 4 schools by second semester junior year.
Call up two weeks ahead of time. get a meeting with admissions and a tour of the campus. We also met with the head of the department or a teacher from the department of the majors she was interested in. we ate in the dining halls at the colleges.

it takes time to go visit colleges. Often we would spent the night at a hotel, we checked out a couple of schools 4/5 hours away.

You need to figure out if a small or large school is best for you. You can really get a feel for the school and if it is for you

Back