When asking simple questions as to why Christians hold certain beliefs, why am I

Apr 28, 2010
greeted with rage? I can't count how many times I was told to read the Bible. On the contrary, I've read it from cover to cover. It is as if reading the Bible is supposed to automatically make one a Christian. And it is aside from the question. I am questioning Christians, NOT Christianity.

The questions I am asking are undoubtedly believed by almost EVERY Christian. No Christian would be a Christian if they thought God was lying to them. I was asking how they -knew- God was telling the truth, and my questions were answered with rage and baseless assumptions.

Why?

And when I asked why give your faith in THAT God and no other who makes the same claims... again, I was treated with rage.

Why?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100503005933AAsSaim

"livi", bless her heart, actually gave me the type of answer I was looking for---a REAL answer. She was right, that it just sounded like an excuse to me, but at the same time it touched me that she actually gave a HEARTFELT answer. I commend her for that. If there was any answer there that would make me respect Christianity more, that was it. The others... not so much.

Back