What's with little women in huge trucks and SUV's?

Apr 10, 2008
Fashion says that they should , so they do. Plus, if you are a little short, it is neat to sit up high and look down on people. When you were growing up, trucks and SUVs were not nearly as luxrious as they are now.

Okay, recently I've noticed an increase in the amount of women driving huge gas guzzling SUVs and pickup trucks especially in upper middle-class suburban neighborhoods. When I was growing up I'd rarely see women driving pickup trucks or the few SUVs which existed at the time. What caused this increase?
This isn't a issue of gender is more of an observation.

Here in southern Arizona there are a lot ranches and trucks are the ride of choice. I watched a petite young blond girl driving a Ford F350 duely pulling a horse trailer pull up across the end of gas station island. Then back and turn the whole rig into the island along side the pump. She nailed it the on the first try. I would say the girl knows how to drive.

does it really matter why? women can do just as must as men. huge gas guzzling suvs and truck are much safer anyways

It makes them feel safer. Also, it has been said, that "women are bad drivers" so its to protect themselves if anything happens too.

Back