Whats with all the hating on American cars?

xsaintangerx

Nov 20, 2008
Iv seen quite a few comments on here that say something along the lines of "buy a toyota/honda its better because its from Japan". Maybe American cars in general are slightly less reliable, but Iv heard there basically on the same level now (and have seen that the Ford Fusion is among the top most reliable cars... and a couple articles saying Ford is the most reliable out of the American makers) And what about American cars such as the mustang, corvette, cadillac, I'm sure there's more of really good quality, but can't think of any right now...

To name a few plus things Iv experienced from American cars...
-My dads 93 ford taurus just hit 180K miles... though its on its last legs (Iv seen a lot of people say fix or repair daily and that fords are complete crap that wont get over 100k miles)

-One of my girlfriends friends from high school drove an 84 pontiac grand prix up until 2006, and the only reason she couldn't drive it anymore was it wouldn't pass inspection from too much rust (my mechanic said pontiac has since then fixed this rust problem)

Some negative experience from foreign cars...
-The other day I saw a mitsubishi in a ditch which appeared to have a broken axel (the front right wheel was so bent it was practically on the ground) and the car looked pretty new

-One of my friends has a toyota corolla and accidentally backed into someone in a parking lot, the back of her car shattered (and is now duct-taped) while the other car was un-scratched

-Another one of my friends drove a suzuki and hydroplaned off the road into a ditch, the car practically fell apart and was considered totaled from his insurance company

-Lastly, a friend had a kia that only lasted 70K miles, then the all the struts went and something went wrong with the starter

I'm sure someone could come up with roughly the same stories for foreign makes and against American... but i don't see why so many people swear by foreign and are so convinced that all American cars are crap and can only last 3-5 years...
I forgot to mention that one of my friends parents still drives two American made cars from the 80s which are both in good shape... one is a pontiac, not sure about the other

not all american car's are bad some are and some are not.i drive an american truck because i would rather pay to keep the us big three going then to pay a foreign company to flood the us with more of there crap buy american show some support for our auto company's not some jap crap!

could not agree with you more, there are so many crazy people on here that dont know the first thing about cars. american cars are more reliable that forgien. example is a 91 chevy truck one million miles on original motor. http://www.autoblog.com/2008/02/01/wisconsin-mans-91-silverado-set-to-hit-1-million-miles/

Back