whats the deal with engine sizes and motorcycles? why do people need bigger bikes?

Luvmonkey

Dec 14, 2009
i have a dr200 dual sport that could go 60 on the highway with just myself just fine except that it feels a little too light and i can also go 65 on the same bike with a passenger and it feels better as far as it being more heavier and now i just got a suzuki boulevard m50 805 cc just to have something with a bigger carrying capacity and for some extra power to get out of the way if needed compared to my 200cc dual sport. I've also rode 650s and 750s that felt like they would get the job done as far as power but didnt have as much luggage room as I'd want.

my question is why do i always hear and read people online like on here complain and say their bikes have trouble at like 70 mph when they have 650s and 750s, over doubled and tripled the size of my 200 but they complain at speed only around 5miles faster than what i can do on my smaller bike? just doesn't sound right.

I can understand having a 1000cc or bigger engine if you do alot of across state line touring since you might have more carrying weight but it still seems a little over kill

Back