What's cooking... take 2.

tina_mart

Apr 6, 2008
Not sure what kind of corrupt thread I ran into last time. I was wondering what everyone's eating for the holidays.

We tend to have our fancy dinner on Christmas Eve. This year, it's just my wife's family and the four of us. We're having a standing rib roast... mmmm... I'm trying something new. I was all set to do the good old standby of rock salt and pepper, but I happened to flip through the food network and they had a horseradish, garlic and herb crust that looked pretty darn good... so I made a last minute change. I'm going to do some roasted veggies, baked potatoes, steamed asparagus and salad.

On Christmas, I typically create a menu for breakfast and "open the kitchen". This year is special, because my daughter is going to take the orders and be my prep cook. She's nine and loves to cook. The menu tomorrow will include omelettes, eggs to order, pancakes, waffles, french toast or biscuits with a sausage gravy. Sides are biscuits, toast and bacon. These are just the possibilities... I probably won't be asked to make everything. Pretty much, everyone puts in an order and I'll make whatever they want. The kids love it, and it's a great way to get them away from toys for a little while after we open up the presents.

So, what do you guys have planned? Do you have any traditions for Christmas morning?

Back