What would be the best sports bike for a female?

Rose

May 14, 2008
I've always wanted a bike but I've noticed a lot aren't high enough for me. I'm not familiar with what's the best but i am going to take courses on learning to ride one. This is more of a long term decision, I'll still have my car available. I'm 5'2 if that helps. So anyone can help? I would appreciate it :)
I meant are there any bikes low enough for me lol because of my height and i haven't thought about a cruiser

If you demand the style of a sporty bike, you need to learn how to mount/dismount the motorcycle at stop signs, traffic signals.

Or you can accept that you are short and you can ride on a cruiser, one of the there Japanese 250cc cruisers, or a Suzuki S40.

You're only 5'2" and they're not high enough for you? I would think it would be the other way around. I think most sports bikes are going to be too tall for you.

You should get a Kawasaki Ninja 250. That's a good bike to start with. It's not too tall, not too heavy, and not so powerful that it could kill you with one twist of the throttle.

It's good that you are taking courses to learn how to ride. There is a right way to ride a motorcycle, and most guys have no idea what that is. You'll see. Once you learn what you're supposed to be doing, you'll spot people everywhere doing the wrong things.

Even though you will be learning some good things during your courses, they are no substitute for experience. Give yourself some time to practice and to get good before you think about getting a bigger bike. Talk yourself through each turn, and critique yourself while you strive to do better.

Back