what the fuck is wrong with kids?

TennesseeGirl

Apr 24, 2008
Reporter: Stefanie Silvey
New Media Producer: Mike Mardis

It's a toy found in thousands of homes, a toy that nearly took the life of a Huntingburg, Indiana girl.

Amy and Jason Lents thought their daughter Haley was suffering from the stomach flu when she began doubling over in pain. They had no idea she had swallowed pieces of a toy that could have killed her.

The game is called Magnetix. There are several varieties. But, they all generally work the same way. Strong magnetic pieces attract to one another forming what ever you want. Now, imagine that happening inside your child's intestines.

"My eyes got large and I said, 'oh my God, are those tumors?'" Jason said.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words.

"I just couldn't believe what I was looking at," Jason said.

It took Jason a second look at his daughter's x-ray to realize what was causing her so much pain.

"When I saw the full x-ray I knew exactly what it was," Jason said.

Pieces of the toy Magnetix made by Mega Brands were inside of Haley.

"Haley loves Magnets," Jason said. "Loves them. And, against my wife's advice, I made sure she got those for Christmas."

He said he never imagined his 8-year-old daughter would swallow pieces of it.

"She's only been in America three years and while she was in Russia, which is where she is from, in the orphanage she ate, they told us she ate everything she could get her hands on," Jason said.

Haley is not alone. According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission there have been at least 33 cases of children swallowing loose magnets requiring emergency surgery.

Twenty-eight of them suffered intestinal injuries specifically from the Mega Brands toy.

One child died, and the CPSC said in the majority of those cases the children were over the age of three, and at least 11 were older than six.

"What can happen is when those magnets get close enough together they will become attracted to each other," Dr. Bob Collins, Riley Hospital for Children, said.
IN girl swallows 30 magnets from one of her toys

Collins said those magnets can then rip through the intestines causing damage comparable to a gunshot or stab wound. Haley suffered eight rippages.

"You can get very, very sick and ultimately lead to death if not surgically corrected," Collins said.

"Throughout the day she told us that she loved us so many times," Jason said. "I think she realized what she had done."

Haley's case was even more dangerous due to the amount of pieces she ate. She ate about 30 pieces of the game.

Mega Brands previously recalled the Magnetix set and several others to add a warning label about Magnetic ingestion and to change the recommended age to six and over.

But, in Jason's mind it's not enough.

"She shouldn't have eaten it," Jason said. "I shouldn't have bought it and it shouldn't be on the shelves. I bought her a toy that almost cost her her life."

An investigation into this case is currently underway by the CPSC. Mega Brands Toys said children's safety is the company's number one priority and they plan to investigate as well.

As for the Lents, Jason said his daughter played with the toy both at home and in school and once she is well he plans to make it his number one priority to get the toy removed altogether.

Haley is expected to remain at Riley for at least another week.
tl;dr retarded ass 8 year old swallowed 30 fucking magnets.

I mean srly who the fuck?...... swallows 30 magnets thinking they are candy. I would THINK by the first one she would have known IT WAS NOT CANDY. I know I never swallowed any fucking shit as a child (says my mom) and I know damn well my mom never did some shit like that. I hope this dumb bitch gets her tubes tied so she can never make a child. Why are people getting dumber and dumber.

Do you happen to be a ranger? and
"wana" is spelled with 2 n's.

edit: 17. nvm.

but im laughing at you for being so gung ho when you really have no idea.

The worst I ever did was get into the cat food....

only 33 cases so far? those things have been out for years that should say somthing.

She's a dumb bitch.

If she was one or two I could see it, but EIGHT YEARS OLD? Come on now. By four years old I was making plans to escape my daycare and had people stand around me so the teachers couldn't see while I was digging under the fence.

:tup:

RAPORT3R STAFANEI SILVEY
N3W MADIA PRODUCER MIEK MARDIS
ITS A 2Y FOUND IN THOSANDS OF HOMAS A 2Y TAHT N3ARLEY 2K DA LIEF OF A HUNTNGBURG INDIANA GIRL
MY!11!11!! OMG WTF LOL AND JASON L3NTS THOUGHT THERE DAUGHT3R HAELY WAS SUFERNG FROM DA S2MACH FLU WH3N SHE BGAN DOUBLNG OVER IN PANE!111!111 WTF THEY HAD NO IEDA SHA HAD SWALOW3D PEICAS OF A 2Y TAHT CUD HAEV KILAD H3R
TH3!!1!1!! OMG WTF GMA SI CALAD MAGNETIX!!!1111!1 WTF LOL THEIR R SAVERAL VAREITEIS!!!!1!1!! WTF BUT THAY AL GEN3RALY WORK DA SME WAY!!!!111!1 LOL STRONG MAGN3TIC PEICES ATRACT 2 ON3 ANOTHAR FORMNG WUT 3VAR U WANT!!1!1!!11 WTF LOL NOW IMAGIEN TAHT HAP3NNG INSIED UR CHILDS INT3STIENS
MY!1111! WTF EY3S GOT LARGE AND I SADE OMG R THOSA TUMORS???!?? OMG WTF JASON SADE
THEY!11!1!!11 WTF LOL SAY A PICTUR3 SI WORTH A THOSAND WORDS
I!1111 WTF JUST CUDNT BLEIVE WUT I WAS LOKNG AT JASON SADE
IT!!1!! 2K JASON A SECOND LOK AT HIS DAUGHTERS X-RAY 2 R3ALIEZ WUT WAS CAUSNG HER SO MUCH PANE
WHEN!!1!11 OMG WTF I SAW TEH FUL X-RAY I KN3W 3XACTLEY WUT IT WAS JASON SADE
PEICES!!!1111! OMG LOL OF TEH 2Y MAGNATIX MAED BY M3GA BRANDS W3RA INSIED OF HAELY
HAELY!!1!!!!1 OMG LOVES MAGNATS JASON SADE!!111!11! WTF LOL LOVAS THAM!1!!111 OMG WTF LOL AND AGANEST MAH WIEFS ADVIEC I MAED SURE SH3 GOT THOSE FOR CHRISTMAS
H3!1111! LOL SADE H3 N3V3R IMAGIEND HIS 8-YAAR-OLD DAUGHT3R WUD SWALOW PEICES OF IT
SHAS!!11111 ONLEY BAN IN MERICA THRE YAARS AND WHIEL SH3 WAS IN RUSIA WHICH SI WHERE SH3 SI FROM IN TEH ORPHANAEG SH3 AET TH3Y 2LD US SHE AET EVERYTHNG SHE CUD G3T H3R HANDS ON JASON SADE
HAELY!!!!!1 LOL SI NOT ALONE!!11!!! OMG LOL ACORDNG 2 TEH CONSUM3R PRODUCT SAEFTY COMISION THEIR HAEV B3N AT LAAST 3 CAESS OF CHILDREN SWALOWNG LOSE MAGNETS REQUIRNG 3M3RGENCY SURG3RY
TWENTY-EIGHT!!!11! OMG OF THEM SUFERAD INTESTINAL INJUREIS SPECIFICALY FROM DA MEGA BRANDS 2Y
ONA!!1!! OMG CHILD DEID AND TEH CPSC SADE IN DA MAJORITY OF THOS3 CAESS DA CHILDRAN WER3 OV3R DA AEG OF THRE AND AT L3AST 1 WERE OLDER THAN WUT!!!11!1 OMG LOL CAN HAPAN SI WH3N THOS3 MAGNETS GET CLOSA ENOUGH 2GETH3R THAY WIL BCOME ATRACTAD 2 3ACH OTHER DR!!!1!!1! WTF BOB COLINS RIELY HOSPITAL FOR CHILDREN SADE
IN!11!1!!! WTF LOL GIRL SWALOWS 30 MAGNETS FROM ON3 OF HER 2YS
COLINS SADE THOSA MAGNATS CAN THEN RIP THROUGH TEH INTESTIENS CAUSNG DMAEG COMPARABLE 2 A GUNSHOT OR STAB WOUND!1111 WTF HAELY SUFER3D EIGHT U!!1!!111 CAN G3T VERY VARY SIK AND ULTIMAETLEY LEAD 2 DAATH IF NOT SURGICALY CORECTAD COLINS SADE
THROUGHOUT!!!!11 LOL TEH DAY SH3 2LD US TAHT SH3 LOVED US SO MANY TIEMS JASON SADE!!1!111!1 OMG I THINK SHE RAALIEZD WUT SH3 HAD DONA
HAELYS!1!!!!1 OMG WTF LOL CAES WAS AV3N MORE DANGEROS DU3 2 DA MOUNT OF PEIC3S SH3 AET!!1!!!1 WTF LOL SH3 AET ABOUT 30 PEIC3S OF TEH GME
M3GA!!!!1!!!1 WTF LOL BRANDS PR3VIOSLEY R3CALAD TEH MAGNETIX S3T AND SAV3RAL OTH3RS 2 AD A WARNNG LAEBL ABOUT MAGN3TIC NG3STION AND 2 CHANGA TEH RECOMEND3D AEG 2 SIX AND OVER
BUT!!!!1!!1 WTF LOL IN JASONS MIND ITS NOT ENOUGH
SHA!!!!!11! SHUDNT HAEV 3AETN IT JASON SADE!11!!!1!! WTF LOL I SHUDNT HAEV BOUGHT IT AND IT SHUDNT B ON TEH SH3LV3S!1!!11!1 WTF LOL I BOUGHT HER A 2Y TAHT ALMOST COST HER HAR LIEF
AN!!!11! OMG WTF LOL INVESTIGATION IN2 THES CAES SI CURENTLEY UNDERWAY BY TEH CPSC!11!1!111 WTF LOL MEGA BRANDS 2YS SADE CHILDRENS SAEFTY SI TEH COMPANYS NUMBR ONE PRIORITY AND THAY PLAN 2 INVASTIGAET AS W3L
AS!1!!11 WTF FOR TEH LENTS JASON SADE HIS DAUGHTER PLAEYD WIT DA 2Y BOTH AT HOM3 AND IN SKOOL AND ONC3 SHE SI WEL H3 PLANS 2 MAEK IT HIS NUMBR ONE PRIORITY 2 GAT TEH 2Y RAMOVAD AL2G3THER
HAELY!1!11 WTF SI 3XPECTED 2 REMANE AT RIELY FOR AT L3AST ANOTH3R WEK
TLDR!!!!!111 OMG LOL RETARDED AS 8 Y3AR OLD SWALOW3D 30 FUKNG MAGNETS
I!1!1!!!11 LOL M3AN SRLEY WHO DA FUK...?!!!?????!1!1!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!1111!1!1111!1!! WTF LOL SWALOWS 30 MAGN3TS THINKNG TH3Y R CANDY!!111!1 WTF LOL I WUD THINK BY TEH FIRST ONA SH3 WUD HAEV KNOWN IT WAS NOT CANDY!!!!!111! LOL I KNOW I N3VER SWALOW3D ANY FUKNG SHIT AS A CHILD (SAYS MAH MOM) AND I KNOW DMN WEL MAH MOM NEV3R DID SOM3 SHIT LIEK TAHT!1!111! OMG I HOPA THES DUMB BITCH G3TS H3R TUBS TEID SO SHE CAN NEVAR MAEK A CHILD!!1!1 WTF LOL Y R P3OPLA GETNG DUMBR AND DUMBR!11!!1! OMG WTF LOL

Since when is it the manufacturer's fault that your daughter is going to swallow everything she in comes in contact with?

all these parents are like wah wah wah take it off the shelves

how about you quit being a shitty parent and watch your damn kids

They should have let her die. Seriously, these retarded kids are going to breed and eventually we are going to get one in office. What are you going to do then guys? When you have a retard for president.

Edit:wait....oh crap

Back