What sports Bike should I get?

TonyTiger

Jan 30, 2011
I am turning 16 in a little bit and I am going to get a sports bike. Seeing as I would only be 16 and it being my first sport bike (ive had dirt bikes and everything before). What would be a better bike?

A kawasaki ninja 250r?

or

A suzuki gsxr600?

Obviously the suzuki has a more powerful engine, but would it be stupid for me to get a suzuki for my first bike? I would prefer the gsx over the ninja but I just didn't know which one.

Asking this is like asking in Singles and Dating section......'I've never had sex before, shall I do it with with Megan Fox or Jennifer Aniston'.

Ninja 250 -- $3,999
gsxr600 -- $11,599

Also about three times the insurance costs.

Kiddo, you don't know HOW to drive. You really should learn how see how other people try to kill you before you get too much speed to dodge. A SYM Symba would be the smart vehicle learn to ride on. But you will not. So you might as well blow your money before you get killed.

Many individuals would directly say go with the lower CC bike for safety reasons, but you have to be honest with yourself if you can be responsible, that motorcycle is only going to do what you make it do. If your immature your putting yourself and others at risk. You have the experience from dirt bikes but there are alternate classes to help you perfect your riding skills. Take the time and just make the right decision on your personal views. If you really think that your too immature to own a 600 then your too immature to own a motorcycle at all.

Anyone who says that controlling a 600cc sportbike is simply a matter of maturity has obviously never ridden one any further than a parking lot, and has no idea what they are talking about. Read the links below to find out why. I quote from one of them:

"A beginner has NO motorcycle experience. They are not even aware of the power, mistakes, handling, shifting, turning dynamics etc. of any bike, let alone a high performance sport bike. Not only do they lack the SKILL of how to ride a motorcycle, they also lack the knowledge of WHAT skills they need to learn."

It would not be stupid for you to get "A" Suzuki for your first bike - it would be stupid to get ANY 600. Suzuki make plenty of acceptable beginner bikes - just not sporties.

Like Tina said if ur mature go for the bigger bike if not buy a used 250 keep It for a year then do a few track days, you will learn more at the track in 1 day than most do in a lifetime.

Like Tina said if ur mature go for the bigger bike if not buy a used 250 keep It for a year then do a few track days, you will learn more at the track in 1 day than most do in a lifetime.

There is now a better bike for your question. Honda introduced the CBR250 for 2011. It is $4000. They officially list it as, "Entry Level Sportbike." It will blow the pants off the Ninja 250r. But, still comes with an oversized clutch and other considerations for the beginner.

Back