What should I do with my motor suzuki vitara?

JOSHUA

May 18, 2008
You wouldn't believe it but I bought a 92 g16b Suzuki Vitara from a mechanic and it was advertised as A1 nothing to spend mechanically with new alloy head, water pump, radiator. Anyway I drove 300km to have stall at lights and water vapor gush out. I got it towed home where I turned it over and about 2 Ltrs of water came out the radiator top. I tried chemi weld with no luck. I later discovered a bit of milky residue in the oil.
I was so keen to go 4x4 on the beach this summer that I seen the ad on Ebay, and caught the train near his place. I took his word on everything and he was telling me how there was nothing to spend on the motor. I looked at the head "Brand New alloy head, looked at the radiator brand new, He even picked me up in it. You could say it was running fine. I seen it had 150, 000 km on the trip meter and thought after a new head and gasket it should be sweet. But to have a head gasket go 300km after getting it from a mechanic who has 20 years experience is odd. I was making assumptions, he was cost cutting or lazy and noticed he has been to a lot of trouble with the cooling system new everything, you think after all of those replacements new head, radiator and pump, the gasket going should have been the last thing to happen. When the head went it was really hot under the hood and there was some knocking thats why I was thinking rebuild. But when I was idling it putting chemi weld in it, it seemed to not have any noise though I couldn't get it to rev too high without some adverse water/temp reaction.. What should I do?

Back