What Is your favorite Dry Humor British Sitcom? ( Read Description )?

Steven

May 12, 2008
Hi, I love dry humor type of sitcoms. Mainly british ones. Does anyone have any recommendations.

I LOVE:
Coupling
Blackadder

Are there any suggestions similar? Please make sure they are dry humor and make sure they're british or from the UK. Please don't give me any of that Seinfeld or Friends crap.

Red Dwarf (Set in space...actually pretty funny)
The Office
The Young Ones (Old...but Funny)
Fawlty Towers
Only Fools and Horses
My Hero
Father Ted (My husbands favourite)

Non-sitcoms...but dry british humour sketch show
The Catherine Tate Show
The Fast Show
Little Britain

yeah British humor honestly is just more intelligent than our American counterpart.

Im sure you know Monty Python. The legendary comedy group- any of their movies are pure gold. John Cleese had a show called Faulty Towers, it was pretty funny. Blackadder was awesome, Stephen Fry and Hugh Lawrie (from Blackadder) had a sketch show called A Bit of Fry and Laurie. Recently, there was an amazing Australian musical duo who had a really out-there show for two seasons called Flight Of The Conchords. There's also a modern British comedy called Peep-Show with the brilliant David Mitchell. Noel Fielding and Julian Barratt had The Mighty Boosh which lasted i think three seasons. The hillarious Russell Brand had a talk show called Ponderland, i wasnt impressed from previews, but i found it to be side-splittingly funny. And then of course there's Ricky Gervais with The Office and Extras. And then there's loads of stand-up, Gervais i mentioned, Russell Brand, who i didnt like his stand up at first, i just loved him in interviews and sketches, but then i watched enough of his stand up and its pure gold. loads of other stand-up but im sure you can find it. Hope that helps, Cheers!

Back