What is the difference between the handheld nintendo ds systems?

Bry

Apr 11, 2008
The old DS and the DS Lite are practically the same except for battery life and the size of the console. Lite is smaller and has better battery life. They can both play DS and GBA games. The DSi has the worst battery life of them all and the DSi can not play GBA games. DSi is also more expensive and is practically the same size of the DS. DO NOT BUY A DSi !!!!!! If you want to take .3 mp pictures than go ahead and throw away your money with the DSi!!!!!

What is the difference between the nintendo DS, nintendo DS Lite, and nintendo DSI? and is there another system in the series? and can they play different game system games (game boy, ect)

The original DS is the bulkiest and probably ugliest ds in the series in my opinion. The DS Lite is sleeker and brighter screens. The DSi, the most functional, has two cameras, a sound editer, and a MP3 player. You can also go online and download games from the DSiWare shop. Similar to the WiiWare shop on the Wii. However you can't play GBA games on the DSi because the slot has been removed. You also can't use the Action Replay DS on DSi's. Hope this helps.

DS is the original and it is bigger and bulkier
DS Lite is a sleeker version with the capabilites of lightening the screens
DSI has a camera :)
Hope I helped
They can play DS games and Gameboy games
I dont believe they can play any others but i could be wrong

Back