What is the best car for me?

TIMOTHY

Jun 17, 2008
Disclaimer: I know there's not going to be a perfect car out there that's going to fit all my wants, so just give me a suggestion or two based on the different criteria.

Most needed features:
-Reliability (As far as not breaking down and needing repairs every week.)
-Cheap
-Good gas mileage

I'm only going to be driving to school, so I want something that has good gas mileage and is easy to install an aftermarket sound system. I'm in high school and moved out, so I simply can't just ask for money from my parents (Don't make fun of me for wanting a new audio system :p). I have to work in order to support myself. But about money, I'm think I'm going to want something for less than about $4000. It would also be nice if it's easy to work on.

I figure I'm going to get a sedan because they tend to be cheaper and have decent gas mileage on them. I'd love a Toyota with a 22r engine or a Jeep with a straight six, but some kind of sedan would probably be a lot cheaper in the long run. Reliability is always a must, so give me your best suggestion.

I'm NOT looking for a Ford, however, unless you can convince me that anything of theirs is even worth looking at. I hate their trucks because my dad used to have a couple and they were horrible: always breaking down and such - there's always something wrong with them.

If there's something unclear about my question, just let me know and I'll clarify it. I may just have no preference about something if I didn't talk about it, but just ask me about it and give an answer anyways because I need a suggestion. It's not urgent because I'm going to be driving my fiancee's car, but I also still need my own car by summer because she's going to need hers and I'm going to OIT in Klamath Falls.
I'm looking at maybe getting a Toyota or Honda because they're usually the cheapest.

Back