What is the best all round smartphone - HTC, Samsung or Apple?

Obsessivelbadger

Oct 8, 2012
I'm looking for a new smartphone - it must be unlocked as I already have a sim only plan but I'm not sure what to choose. In my last question I limited my budget but I'd rather just get the best phone possible as I'll be keeping it for a fair number of years. So I'd like to know what the best smartphone currently is, taking into account the unlocked price of the phone and what I get for my money as such. So I'd like my phone to have:

*A good camera - with panorama mode, preferably 8 megapixels but at least 5
*A good battery life - Will do 8-6 with some texting and a bit of music, maybe some light web browsing
*A decent music player - it will be replacing my iPod nano
*Good antenna and call quality - really, the signal in my area is patchy on all networks, so my biggest concern is a good antenna (no point in having a great phone if I can't use it!)
*Good design - I know this is subjective but still
*Good value for money (ie. if there's a phone that does everything I need and more then I'll pay the price for it, but if there's a cheaper one that does the same things then I'd choose that one over the other)

OS wise I'm not bothered. I've used Android and iOS recently and like them both. Phone wise I've had an iPhone 3GS and a HTC One V recently so any phone that is better than those. But some phones that I particularly liked are the HTC one S, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Nexus and the iPhone 5 - which would be the best choice out of these (and why)?

Thanks!

Galaxy s3 is the best smartphone out there i can do anything! I have the s3 nd my sister the iphone 5 nd trust me the s3 is so much more advances ut can do anything!! Plus its the only phone with 2gh if ram so its super fast and no lags

Back