What is the best 600cc sport bike for the money?

Phil

May 12, 2008
Hello everyone like many of you I am excited for the upcoming riding season and I am looking to buy a bike. A little background about me, I am 20 years old, I live in CA and yes I have ridden motorcycles before. I first became interested in bikes when I was about 18 so I took the MSF course and got my license. A few months later I bought myself a ninja 250 and began riding. I really did enjoy that bike but unfortunately about 5 months after I got it I had an unexpected monetary issue and I was forced to sell it. Anyways during that riding period I did all sorts of riding from simple around town to highway to even some twisties, and that whole time i never once dropped or downed it I'm proud to say. I have also taken my friend's triumph daytona 675 out a few times and although it was definitely more power than my 250, I always felt safe and in control. I guess what im trying to say is that I'm ready for a bigger bike. Anyways I'm looking to get back to riding and I am looking for advice on which 600cc sport bike would come recommended by experienced riders. I'm looking to spend around 5,000 and I don't mind buying used as long as it has a clean title. I'm thinking either a honda cbr600 or a gsxr600 but I'm open to any other opinions or suggestions (I don't plan on doing any stunting or track racing, just riding). Please let me know what you guys think and give some explanation to support your answer. Thanks in advance!

I have owned a Ninja 250 and after 3 months i sold it because lack of speed/acceleration

I now own a GSXR 600 2007 got it for $4500 with nothing wrong with it

You wont regret getting a GSXR i love mine im even riding her in 40 degree weather cant stay off!!!

Well best luck to you check out craigslist there is pretty good deals!

RIDE SAFE!!!!

You already mentioned the bike I would pick for a sport-bike, the Daytona. Though it is a bit more expensive to maintain it's a slightly lighter bike and that three cylinder whirly-bird engine puts out some good numbers from low-end torque to high-end.
Another pick but closer to a sporty-standard model would be the Triumph Street Triple, nice up-grade from a Ninja 250.

If cost is not a problem get the new Kawasaki 636. Take some time and do some back to back test rides.

Back