What is a good linux to use for a laptop with wireless for internet and music use?

Bart796

Sep 10, 2008
I am trying to bring some life back into my old laptop. It is a compaq presario 1201T pentium III windows ME 120 MB ram. It runs windows ME well and isnt slow but i feel i could get more power running a linux based operating system. I was looking for something like the new operating system running on the ASUS EEE pc but that os isnt free which is a must. I want it to be able to play music, access websites like youtube, wikipedia, myspace, facebook, yahoo etc without having plug in issues. also a must is wireless use. I have used linux before but would prefer a simple linux. thanks in advance
I am trying to bring some life back into my old laptop. It is a compaq presario 1201T pentium III windows ME 120 MB ram. It runs windows ME well and isnt slow but i feel i could get more power running a linux based operating system. I was looking for something like the new operating system running on the ASUS EEE pc but that os isnt free which is a must. I want it to be able to play music, access websites like youtube, wikipedia, myspace, facebook, yahoo etc without having plug in issues. also a must is wireless use. I have used linux before but would prefer a simple linux. thanks in advance EDIT: Have you used any of the ones you mentioned? im looking for something that doesnt look awful graphically but isnt slow. (i know thats going to be hard) i used to use DSL on my xbox so i know that one isnt the best looking but it is a nice distro..also sorry if i didnt edit this correctly i was confused

Back