What is a good card to upgrade a Dell Inspiron 530 with?

reveriereptile

Feb 6, 2009
My husband and me bought a Dell Inspiron 530 (normal case) at Walmart a few months back. Our older computer's card burnt and have been having problems trying to get the new card to work. We decided to upgrade our Dell. We do a lot of gaming and would like to upgrade the card and power supply. What would be the best affordable ($150-$200 range) card that would work in our system that we wouldn't have to be upgrading again in the next year? What type of PS to buy also that would work with the PC? We will probably buy the parts from NewEgg.com. Are there any other parts we will need besides the card and PS to play good games?

No, you don't need any other parts.
I am assuming you have a motherboard that has 16x 2.0.
The best card for 150-200$ is the 9800 GTX. It's a good card made by Nvidia that can run any game right now (maybe not on Ultra High, but at least Medium w/ AA). The PSU you would want, probably a Corsair 650W. That will easily meet the demands at idle, and under load. You ALWAYS want a little extra watts with the PSU, in case you have to use a lot of electricity at one point. (Like when you start up a game). If you know how to overclock, buy some fans, and do it. It's worth it.

Back