What happened to real music?

defiantapple

Jan 4, 2009
I feel like MTV has absolutely destroyed music. Bands like the Beatles or Sublime and people like Bob Marley were original. What they wrote had substance. They could actually play instruments...and well. Now we're force-fed rap( not hip-hop...actual garbage) or angsty alternative with bands that either all sound the same (i.e. Nickleback, Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, etc.) or just suck worse than all the others (i.e. POD). I can't listen to the radio anymore. Everything sounds like bad binder poetry or is totally obscene and offensive. What is remotely intelligent or moving about "A** and T*tties"? When did music cease to be about spreading a message and turn into Panic! at the Disco (who's lyrics are actually plagiarized from Chuck Palahnuik books by the way). Everything is recycled and re-used. It's disturbing. The only music these days that is original and stimulating is indie and folk but the scene for those is so elitist is sickening. I'm just curious to see if anyone else noticed this as well. Music is dying.

I hate this same thought a while ago, but then I realized that there's nothing I can do to change it. I just plan on discovering songs I haven't heard before that've been out for a while. Things didn't suck as bad before.

I don't understand your bit about elitism.

Back