What do you think of the McCain and Palin "Halloween" decorations in West...

Very tacky. I don't think this ridiculous display qualifies as a hate crime. It's tough to prosecute bad taste.

Yeah, there is a a bit of a double-standard with the "decorations". Since there's no history of lynching whites, it's not as offensive as if an effigy of Obama had been lynched, so I suppose there wouldn't be as much uproar if Biden were lynched and Obama were stuffed in the chimney.

I guess that makes it free speech, though it is distasteful, and once elections take place such displays would be illegal for the current office-holder.

I agree totally. It just shows you where our country has gone when something like this is not considered a hate crime. Many people have come to believe that anything they want to do is fine...because they want to do it. The same thing holds true for the woman who falsely accused an Obama supporter of beating her up and carving a B on her face. It is a sign of the times...and we are poorer for it.

Holloween is actually my favoriate day because of the kids. My house is spooked to scare and the neighbor kids all love it. But this......makes me ashamed to live in California and #2 it is in a big example of bad taste.

Back