What do you think of the increasing popularity of touchscreen technology?

ThePsitasid

Dec 17, 2008
The iPhone and the iPod Touch. The Blackberry Storm. Even proposals for computers with functions designed completely around touch screen technology. It seems like these things are getting more and more popular, but I don't like it.

First of all, they can be hard to use because your fingers are large. Second, they expect you to type on such a tiny screen, and although I know that it's possible, I get annoyed trying to type something very long with just two fingers, especially when I often make mistakes because it can't tell which key you're typing. Then there's the issue of finger prints. I think that things would be much easier with a stylus but they seem to be out of fashion. I also worry that I'll damage the screen by carrying it around in my pockets. I'll probably wait another generation before I even consider buying any.

What are your thoughts on all this? Do you like touch screens or do you think they're too cumbersome?

I think the concept of a touch screen is great - but it works better when you are using a larger screen.

I think your primary complaint is with the size, not the concept.

I think the concept of a touch screen is great - but it works better when you are using a larger screen.

I think your primary complaint is with the size, not the concept.

Back