What do you think of my story so far?

Brittny

Dec 27, 2008
please ignore the punctuation and grammer and all that, ill fix it.

I can hear the dead leaves of autumn crunch beneath my feet as i take yet another step forward along this dark, unkown pathway. It's abandoned. I feel like i have been here before.. In another time, in another life perhaps... It is always abandoned. Somewhere deep inside me that warning feeling telling me to turn back, just hasn't become strong enough. I am alone, always alone. another step, and another until after what feels like a lifetime but must have only been minutes, I reach a carousel, its broken down. It hasnt been used in years. I can tell by the peeling paint, and that unicorn just laying on the ground, just rotted away, torn and tattered. I was deep in thought when the laughter started. At first i thought it was just in my head. It got louder, more haunting, terrifying. "who's there?" i yell through shaky breaths into the blackness beyond the carousel. "savanah" that horrible raspy voice calls out to me as the wind is beating through my hair and the leaves russel around me. "how do you know my name? where am i?" i yell into the darkness. "savanah wake up. you need to get up!" I open my eyes, taking a minute to put reality back in tact. It was only a dream... "yeah mom i get it. I am awake." I respond slowly through shaky breaths.......

So what do you think?i based it off of a reacurring dream i have in real life. later in the story ill add more about the dream, this is only a rough of my very beginning

First off, telling us to 'ignore the punctuation and grammar and all that' is disrespectful to the people you expect to critique your work. If you can't be bothered to make it the best version you know how, including the spelling and grammar, before expecting others to give of their time and knowledge, then all you're going to get is crappy responses like, 'yeh! luv it! rite moar an i'll reead it!!!1!'

Second, waking up from a dream is one of the worst and most cliche beginnings a story can have. It's a common rookie mistake, so I don't blame you - I did the same thing when I first started writing 'seriously' many years ago. But I strongly advise you to choose a different beginning.

Back