What do you think about the government slapping us with a 50% gas tax hike?

ridder

Dec 3, 2008
The American government wants to raise the gas tax by 50%. The reason for this is because the American Public is hurting financially and not traveling as much ergo not purchasing as much gas. The coffers of the government are getting smaller so cannot spend as much money on infrastructure. HMMM don't you think that if people are traveling less #1 the roads are not going to have the ware and tare like they usually would have? Also...were we not told for the sake of our environment to cut back and reduce our carbon foot print? People need to write financecommission.dot.gov and let them know you do not approve of this gas tax hike. We have got to start speaking up for ourselves and not let the government walk all over us.
This has nothing to do with dems or repubs. Look up the commision and see who is on the commision...this has to do with our government wanting to take our hard earned $ that we do not have extra of and putting it in the governments pocket
The point is...the less fuel we use the higher they want to tax us. Please take a stand and write the commission and let them know you are not for it.
Yes we will have a green "utopia" because we will be so broke that we all will have to grow our own food to survive if this keeps up.
Eddyward , that is just "WRONG"!!
We need to start speaking up and making our voices heard. I for one am getting on my soap box and letting them all know what I think...I just wish you all would.
If gas costs less don't you think people would be traveling more?

Back