What do I need to prepare before I vacation in Cuba? (ie: Visas, passports, etc)?

AwesomeequalsMe

Nov 4, 2011
So I am hoping to go on a trip to Cuba in the first week of Janurary with my boyfriend, I am hoping to buy it in secret as a Christmas present for him. A good deal came up and we can go to a 3 star, all-inclusive resort for about $1100 for the both of us (that is AFTER taxes).

I have to wait a couple days until my credit card payment goes through so that I have enough credit (I only have a $1000 dollar limit with an extra $200 of wiggle room to go over on). I thought I should maybe read up on it to see what I would need.

Both my boyfriend and I have passports, we got them last summer when we went flew to Montreal for a week. But I also read that you NEED a visa? I read that some travel agencies offer the ability to purchase one at the airport once you get to Cuba, however we aren't going through a travel agency. I don't know if I can afford the travel agent! (Does anyone know how much that costs?)

So since we are not using a travel agent, what exactly will I need to do before we can go? I know the majority of what to pack, I'm talking things I need to get done before I am allowed in the country haha!
I should mention that I live in Canada so this ban does not apply to me! So there wouldn't be any additional things regarding that that Americans would have to do before going.

I thought you couldn't visit cuba? but maybe this was lifted and I didn't hear about it. You must check the website for consulate of cuba all countries/have different visa requirements.

For brazil I had to apply early because it takes a few weeks to get one, but some countries you can purchase them upon arrival to the country

Back