What do Christians & Atheist think of these quotes?

I think it is the product of several people with different opinions about who God is and how to worship God, and people who believe the Bible is God's word are ignorant to the history of the Bible. If it is God's word then it is proof that God is just as human as all of us because he can't decided if he wants be feared or loved, seen or unseen. I think if this question does not change a fundamentalist's views about the Bible, or at least cause them to question their views, then nothing will and people should stop trying to convince them to.

Sorry, none of them makes any rational sense to me.
Just being honest.

What do you think of this quote?
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." -- Lucius Annaeus Seneca.

This kind of contradiction can be found throughout the bible but you've
put together a nice concise example of the larger problem. Well done.

"i have seen god face to face" could be interpreted as he feels has a amazing connection to god to the extend he has met face to face and knows him
"we should fear god" " there is no fear in love" fear the power god holds, but love god himself as he does not have to use that power

i am undecided on religion, im not a huge believer and i've never seen those passages before but i am saying how i feel they can be interpreted. i don't think anyone else is going to be on the christians side so i thought id give that answer

there is a lot of contradictions, which don't make sense. but the religious will always find some excuse to "why"

this si gonna be long.. bare with me

I think it is all a ridiculous joke!
It a bloody book. common how dumb can people get.
We find faith in this crap because, we don't know better. the people are afraid of what the don't know. such as death.
we don't know whats Beyond it so we have to make up some screw deformed reason of why we know. we make up bullshit to think and believe we know what we are talking about.
someone said to me. "it makes me happy knowing that my family will be together after death" what the F***.?
seriously, how can you actually know this, is there proof?
of course not!
and also someone else said "you say there is no proof in god. where is the proof that says he isn't there" well by there not being proof of him being there is the bloody proof of him not.

christianity is only believed because their family told them it was true. if they were brought up in a different place they might be Muslim or bloody Buddhist.
its ridiculous.
and these people say their god is the only god!?
there is no such thing. its metaphorical for something so much greater.
im not saying i know, but no one else does, that's why they distort right and wrong so no matter what they do it is right.

they can be racist with no shame and no sin.
they can hate gay's with no shame and no sin.
they can send you death threats with no shame and no sin, all because you do not believe in their twisted beliefs.
i don't think any of those quotes are true. its all contradicting bullshit and who ever decides to revolve there entire life around worshiping something so bizarrely out of hand.. then they are fool's.

cheers

I think that's what happens when you have lots of random people writing a book years apart only to have it further mangled then these authors did when it was repeatedly translated.

Back