What Android Tablet with 3G capability to buy?

angelito

Oct 22, 2008
i was scouring the net when i found many potential iPad and Galaxy tab competitors.

but there are too many of them.

i also noticed that there is a common theme running amongst the companies that are coming out with these tablets. and that is built-in 3G & HSDPA capability
i.e. the ability of not just to surf the net anywhere but to make those important calls as well. and more!

the iPAd started it. followed by the Galaxy Tab. (albeit the "premium" price tag) now Viewsonic Viewpad 7 is doing it.

IMO the crucial period is the time between Android 2.2 and the next OS version, when more and more companies are embracing the technology and coming out with its its 1st and 2nd gen models. and how Google will embrace these tablets.

so, i need your help in helping me look for an Android (2.1 or 2.2) tablet* that's not just good for surfing the net (with good "low to mid-end" spec) but also with built-in 3G/HSDPA card capability in them.
* either available now or coming out in the next few months

or is it worth getting one with 3G capability (using a 3G SIM card) to "help" you when you are travelling to a diferrent country or would a plain B/G/N wi-fi capable tablet would do?

i would love to have tablets in my pocket or small bag. when travelling to a different country with the missus or out and about on the coutryside or just at home really. would you bother with the hastle of opening up your laptop bag and with your laptop during airport security checks or just with a small 7" tablet?

please help......

thanks.

Back