Was I wrong to take a picture of the car parked in front of the community gate?

Steven

May 12, 2008
I got to the gate nearest where I park, and found a car parked in it. Initially I thought the driver needed to get in, so I walked over to click them in, but there was nobody in the car. So I snapped a picture of the license plate and e-mailed it to the landlord. As I was driving around to the other side of the apartment complex so I could actually leave since this gate was completely blocked, I was the car behind me with a very angry looking woman inside of it. I just pretend not to notice her, and she drove up behind me and started taking pictures of the back of my car over and over, I guess to get back at me.

There is guest parking outside each gate to our apartment complex, this gate was full, but she could have easily parked at one of the other parking locations instead of blocking off the gate.

Was I wrong to take a picture of her car blocking the entrance and the license plate?

Not really sure what to do now. My goal wasn't to piss somebody off, I just wanted to alert the management that they had people parking in front of the gate. I guess maybe I shouldn't have bothered.

I feel like now I'm just waiting for my car to get keyed or worse :\.
I just e-mailed management again and let them know that I got followed out by the other car...etc

I just wanted to sanity check that I wasn't doing something out of the norm. Thanks guys.

The car was in public space. you had the right to photo it. Guess the crazy lady driving had little concern for anything but her own convenience. I would alert the manager again about her behavior. If she was looking to live there, would be a good heads up to know she's nasty and not much for following rules.Good news is you do have her plate number.

Back