VW 1999 jetta $6000? does it worth it?

rennie

Apr 21, 2008
Hard to say, it is the 2000 model body or is it still the 98 body? Because 99's have both body types. If it's a wolfberg edition it might be worth it. I have a 98' jetta had it since 2005 and it is the best car, but VW's are a hit or miss, some ppl get really good, well built car others have a horrible experience. My car has 210k miles only major problem was replacing the clutch in 2007 and clutch made it to 180 k miles so I have no complaints. Except my car has this stupid bug where the check engine light doesn't go off, all my mechanics say the car is fine, but I can't pass smog with it =/. I think 4-5k is better price for a 99 jetta because it is 10 years old.... You could probably get a 2002 for that price.

Wow.

Let me know who's selling it for $6000, I'll go there and punch them right in the mouth.

Either they:

A) Put too many mods on the car and think that it's actually worth three times what the books are telling us, or...
B) They owe too much on it, and are wanting to get rid of it to get out from under the loan.

(My guess is choice B)

Either way, not worth it. Jettas from that time period were brimming with electrical gremlins and engine problems.

Hard to say, it is the 2000 model body or is it still the 98 body? Because 99's have both body types. If it's a wolfberg edition it might be worth it. I have a 98' jetta had it since 2005 and it is the best car, but VW's are a hit or miss, some ppl get really good, well built car others have a horrible experience. My car has 210k miles only major problem was replacing the clutch in 2007 and clutch made it to 180 k miles so I have no complaints. Except my car has this stupid bug where the check engine light doesn't go off, all my mechanics say the car is fine, but I can't pass smog with it =/. I think 4-5k is better price for a 99 jetta because it is 10 years old.... You could probably get a 2002 for that price.

no

$1,739 trade in value

$2,124 private sale

$2,563 dealer retail

Used VW's are not know for their reliability
check your local area for repair shops and ask around
avoid visiting dealers as they charge the most and often do the worst work.

for $6,000 you can find much better cars

Acura Integra 98-99
Chevrolet prizm 98-00
Ford Mustang V6 98
Honda Accord 98-00
Hyundai Accent 04, Elantra 03
Nissan Altima 4cyl 99
Toyota
4Runner 99
Avalon 98-99
Camry
Solara