Very confused with my religion?

Heather1

May 13, 2008
I was brought up to be Catholic since elementary school. Now, as a high schooler, I don't really know what I am. I love my parents but honestly, I don't think it's fair for my parents to have chosen my religion. They made me go to sunday class for years, and I didn't know that I could have a different religion. I thought I HAD to be Catholic. The teachers brainwash kids into thinking christianity is the best way to go, but what if I was some other religion? Then I'd be taught that it was the best, right?
I want to be an atheist, but at the same time, I feel like I need some sort of... "guidance" to life? I mean, God hasn't really done anything for me, but if I just suddenly become an Atheist, I'm scared that I'll go to Hell. (If there is one) And I'm a good person with positive motives and goals. I just don't think much of catholicism.
I also don't agree with what some of catholic people's views. And the science I learn at school always clashes with the church's teachings. Ugh I'm so confused! Should I just turn into an Atheist? Who can I consult? If there are any atheist people, please give me your views on this! Why do you believe you're right?

Back