Using a home theater in a box with bluray player.Please help?

GeorgeS

Jun 3, 2008
hello i hope you can help...i bought "dvd home-theather-in-a-box " a year ago and now im upgrading to a 3d tv and 3d bluray player...i know i can connect my bluray player to my old home theater with a OPTICAL cable but my question is: would i be able to get the Surround sound from bluray dvd as i know some of them have HD Dolby digital, HD Master Audio etc ??? if not will i still get a normal Surround (sound from all 6 speakers) normal Dolby Digital??? i hope this makes sense to you! thank you!

If your 'theater in a box' can take Optical - you will get Dolby Digital 5.1 sound from your BluRay player.

The un-compressed tracks on the disks (HD Dolby and HD Master) wont work with this setup - but a friend in a recording studio told me that on many disks these tracks are simply mastered 1-2 db louder than the Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks to fool people into thinking these tracks are 'better'.

Some premium titles DO have more money spent to do a better job with the HD Dolby and HD Master tracks - but Hollywood is penny-pinching everyone including the sound studios to do most disks faster/cheaper.

Back