Use AT&T iPhone 4S on T-Mobile network?

SpudMuffin

Jul 5, 2013
Let's say I get a phone upgrade on my AT&T contract next month, and I get an iPhone 4S. My contract is up in December and I don't plan on renewing. Could I take my iPhone, have them "unlock" it at the AT&T store because I've been a long time customer in good standing, and bring it to T-Mobile and use it on their network? If so, would it be able to pick up 4G speeds, or would it just be 3G? I don't have T-Mo LTE in my city yet but I'm really sold on the unlimited data, talk and text plan.

You can only get an upgrade when to renew your 2-year contract, so you cannot just get an upgrade when you want for free.

@SpudMuffin,
Yes,once unlocked from AT&T you can swap networks in iPhone 4S.But as far as I know the network provider affords unlock only if all their terms and conditions including the contract period is satisfied.If they deny and still you want the unlock to be done you can approach third party unlock providers like Simpleunlocking.com and remove the network lock permanently through their remote unlock service.

Back