Urban Legends

"Coca-Cola did once contain an estimated nine milligrams of cocaine per glass, but in 1903 it was removed."

Unless the site is wrong :)

If you're hand's bigger than your face, you have cancer. :rolleyes:

Daddy long legs actually have a fatal poison, but do not have the capacity to inject it.

If you stab yourself with a pencil, you get food poisoning.

If you write on your hand with a pen, you get ink poisoning.

I feel much better now, LOL.

One i remember from secondary school ; If you have sex standing up, you won't get pregnant

I think you're right. I sent a question to AQA and they mentioned the leaves but didn't say it ever contained Cocaine. I have some more Googling and reading to do. :)

LOL many still believe that :p:

lol! Well Wikipedia defines cocaine as "Cocaine (benzoylmethylecgonine) is a crystalline tropane alkaloid that is obtained from the leaves of the coca plant", so AQA were probably were being specific about it.

At least those who believe that have grasped the simple concept of gravity :p: LOOOL

No but seriously the idea is beyond silly, because if that was true I am sure doctors would be telling you rather than some random friend, "nahhh jus av sex wit hur standing up n u wnt get her preggers init, its bare simple init'

People believe what they want to believe lolz!

Oh man do I remember this!

It's not really an Urban Legend, but you always knew some kid who knew another kid who got their gooey aliens to reproduce by sticking them back to back and putting them in the freezer :rofl:

I'm addicted to www.snopes.com :) But as a kid I remember being told the one about the couple who go for a drive, run out of petrol and the guy goes off to get it.. Later the woman is still waiting, and here's this thumping on the roof. She's scared but decides to turn on the car radio to distract herself, and an announcement broadcasts saying that a crazy-psycho-murdering-killing-scary-man is on the loose... She calls the police from inside the car and when they arrive, a policeman approaches the car and tells her to get out of the car, walk slowly towards the police car but NOT to turn around. Of course, she turns around and sees the crazy-psycho-murdering-killing-scary-man bashing her boyfriend's head (on a stick) on the roof of the car.

Oooh and you can't beat a good 'babysitter' story!

in relation to the person who posted about "fan death"

I remember hearing a similar one... Keeping a plant in your room can kill you (as at night they absorb oxygen and not carbon dioxide...)

Back